At Temple Christian College the Visual Arts are supported with well-structured teaching and learning activities that provide all students with opportunities to develop their personal capabilities.
Consistent with the Australian curriculum, students from Year Levels 7 & 8 begin to participate in structured art, craft and design lessons which can lead to specialised selections during the senior years of 11 and 12.
Visual Arts aims to develop students in a number of areas including:
- creativity and critical thinking
- aesthetic knowledge and understanding about arts practices
- arts knowledge
- imagination and observations
- innovative arts practices and emerging technologies
- arts histories and traditions both local and global